Course detail: Tactical Medical for First Responders
- Participants will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to decrease preventable loss of one's own life (self-aid) or the life of another (buddy-aid) while in an active threat environment.
- Participants will demonstrate lifting, moving and extricating victims during scenario based exercises.
- Identify, prioritize and treat life threatening injuries
- Identify necessary items to include in first aid kits
- Perform proper hemorrhage control
- Demonstrate how to open an airway
- Demonstrate how to treat chest wounds
- Group Discussion
- Practical Exercises and Scenarios
- All Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Management Services Personnel
- Fire Services Personnel
- 100% Attendance
- Participate in all exercises and scenarios
- Tactical Medical Kit - $110.00 - this canvas kit includes - bag, gloves, hemostatic bandage, emergency trauma dressing, nasopharyngeal airway with lube, tourniquet, large trauma shears, chest seal dressing - twin pack, and emergency survival blanket.
(This session is full; you may join the waitlist)
Wednesday, July 28, 2021, Dodge City KLETC Regional Training Site (Dodge City, KS)
Tuesday, September 21, 2021, Hays KLETC Regional Training Site (Hays, KS)
Wednesday, November 3, 2021, KLETC Campus Learning Center Classroom Bldg (Hutchinson, KS)