Course detail: KSSRO - Kansas School Resource Officer Basic Training
- Student Development and the Brain
- De-escalation Techniques for Youth
- The Role of the SRO
- Developing and Delivering Effective Presentations to the School Community
- Building Relationships Inside and Outside of the School
- Interviewing Youth
- Drug Trends in the Youth Population
- School Law (customized to Kansas law)
- School Walk-throughs and Security Assessments
This course meets the SRO training standards established in SB 367. To accommodate the significant amount of information contained in this class, class will meet daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This is the first-ever basic SRO training class developed in Kansas, by Kansas law enforcement trainers for Kansas law enforcement officers. The focus of this course is how Kansas law enforcement officers are impacted in their tasks as School Resource Officers by local, state and federal laws, mental health issues, conducting criminal investigations, and understanding the environment in which they work.
The Office of the Kansas Attorney General will reimburse each participants' agency the $300 registration fee, upon successful completion of the course.
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.