Course detail: Officer De-Escalation Techniques
In today's world, Law Enforcement Officers must be efficient physically, mentally and verbally. This class is designed to give today's Police Officers the tools needed to effectively communicate with citizens in a way that everyone is safe and situations are handled with the highest amount of respect and professionalism.
- Participants will be able to decide upon prescribed courses of action or techniques that will provide a greater level of safety in a variety of environments, events and situations.
- Participants will exhibit fairness in policing while giving people a voice and performing law enforcement duties with impartiality and the necessary level of transparency to sustain and strengthen public trust.
- To consider verbal and non-verbal communication methods
- To understand and practice effective active listening skills
- To communicate in clear, respectful and non-judgmental ways
- To apply discussed skills in real-world scenario
- Scenarios with individualized de-brief
- There may be a little down-time on day 2 during scenarios. Feel free to bring something to work on, just in case.
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Correction Personnel
- 100% attendance and participation