Course detail: Field Training Officer Program
- Officers newly assigned as FTO or in the process to be assigned as a new FTO.
- Participants will be able to provide the technical and personal skills to individuals in order for them to function as evaluators and trainers or recruits who have completed Basic Law Enforcement Training.
- Identify the significant components of the San Jose FTO model program.
- Evaluate and document a trainee's field performance.
- Provide constructive feedback to assist a trainee with improving performance.
- Identify liability issues.
- Identify and apply remedial training strategies to improve trainee performance.
- Identify techniques to improve FTO interpersonal communication skills, maintain ethical standards and avoid civil liability while training.
- Complete the Daily Observation Report.
- Develop a scenario and additional training plans.
- Group discussion
- Group participation in exercises
- Develop and participate in a scenario (peer evaluation)
- 100% attendance and participation
(This session is full; you may join the waitlist)
September 27-29, 2022, KLETC Campus Learning Center Classroom Bldg (Hutchinson, KS)
December 5-7, 2022, Parsons (Parsons, KS)