Course detail: Response to Human Trafficking for Law Enforcement
- Participants will employ best practices as they identify and respond to any crime involving human sex trafficking from its beginning to its eventual disposition.
- Identify venues for commercial sex in your jurisdiction.
- Identify indicators of suspects and potential victim/survivors of human sex trafficking in your presence.
- Discover trafficker culture, including business model(s), advertising, communication methods, industry nomenclature, vulnerabilities that allow law enforcement intervention, and counter measures to detection and enforcement? Interview strategies to identify available corroborative evidence
- Discuss important considerations of victim disposition
- Provide best practices in operational design.
- Provide best practices in undercover work.
- Discuss demand reduction strategies and operations.
- Provide best practices in investigation management.
- Provide case studies relevant to the learning objectives.
- Examine small unit (1 or 2-officer) investigative techniques.
- Group discussion
- Group participation in table-top exercises
- Develop and participate in a scenario (instructor evaluation)
- Law enforcement officers with work in or supervise investigations or patrol, including agency executives and heads.
- Civilian analysts working for law enforcement agencies.
(This session is full; you may join the waitlist)
Monday, May 17, 2021, Zoom Facilitated Sessions (Online, WEB)
Wednesday, June 23, 2021, Zoom Facilitated Sessions (Online, WEB)
Monday, July 19, 2021, Zoom Facilitated Sessions (Online, WEB)