Course detail: SFSF - Spiritual Fitness and Family Support in Public Safety
- Participants will develop an understanding of how spiritual wellness and practices can be applied to their lifework and improve the quality of life for themselves and those whom they share their life with.
- Evaluate and apply spiritual awareness and practices to elevate their wellness at home and work.
- Identify the role of first responders as a "calling" compared to "a job".
- Explain the unique mental and emotional challenges inherent in first responder work.
- Examine the unique social challenges and explore solutions to the unique challenges faced by first responders and their families.
- Study the impact of work schedule vs family role, fear and worry have on the first responder family.
- Explain the challenges of achieving spiritual fitness and identify the actions required in achieving spiritual fitness.
- Identify the "connection circle" and how it relates to healthy first responders and families.
- Examine the role of first responders to society and family and how faith can serve as armor in these duties.
- Instructor led lecture and discussion
- Instructor led group exercise
- Self inventory/assessment exercise
- All First Responders and their significant other
- 100% attendance and participation
Wednesday, March 4, 2020, Salina Police Department Training Room (Salina, KS)
Thursday, March 5, 2020, Colby Fire Dept (Colby, KS)
Tuesday, June 2, 2020, Riverside Park Community Building (Iola, KS)
Wednesday, June 3, 2020, Southwestern College Room 108 (Winfield, KS)
Thursday, June 4, 2020, Finney County Law Enforcement Center (Garden City, KS)