Course detail: MTPS - Mindfulness Techniques in Public Safety
- Students will use analysis and application of current relevant theories in mind-body wellness to develop plans (for themselves or others) to heighten awareness as it relates to stress and emotional reactivity.
- Identify and Discuss qualities of a "Good Cop"
- Explain and recognize Empathy, Compassion and Emotions in self and others and its effect on job and personal lives
- Analyze the mind body connection and inspect its role in wellness
- Employ and experiment with various mindfulness concepts and exercises
- Discuss and illustrate mindfulness practices in daily life and on duty
- Design a personal plan to integrate mindful practices in your life
- Hands-on exercises
- All public safety personnel
- 100% attendance and participation
Thursday, June 11, 2020, Ellis Co Emergency Services Bldg (Hays, KS)
Monday, August 24, 2020, Seward County Activity Center (Liberal, KS)
Tuesday, October 20, 2020, Pittsburg Fire Dept (Pittsburg, KS)
Wednesday, November 11, 2020, Concordia City Hall (Concordia, KS)