Course detail: ALFUO - Alternative Lethal Force for Officers: Knife Defense
- The student will evaluate the knife's role in law enforcement from an operational and legal perspective with a consideration of state law, federal law and department policy.
- The student will identify features of a good "police use" knife and demonstrate general safe knife handling skills.
- Students will analyze various knife draws and grips to assess which techniques work for them and their equipment.
- Students will conduct exercises to allow them to identify and differentiate various angles when both using and defending against the knife.
- Students will be able to recognize the speed, time and distance between themselves and an attacker as related to deploying their knife or defending against an edged weapon attack.
- Students will employ methods of integrating empty hand and police duty knife skills.
- Hands-On Exercises
- Law Enforcement
- 100 % participation
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.