Certificate detail: CICI - Criminal Investigations
The KLETC Certificate in Criminal Investigations will provide investigators with the knowledge and skill set required to be successful in their role. In today's changing climate, criminal investigators are faced with a multitude of situations. Beyond traditional investigation methodologies, criminal investigators must now be experts in human trafficking, internet and financial investigations, drug conspiracies, crimes against children and interview and interrogation to ensure the investigator is fully equipped with the competencies needed to meet the rigorous demands of the environments in which they will be working. Successful completion of the Certificate in Criminal Investigations will provide participants the ability to conduct professional and ethical investigations, improve their case management and documentation skills.
- Participants will employ best practices as they investigate any crime from its beginning to its eventual disposition; either as an individual, or as part of an investigatory team.
- Participants will be able to conduct professional investigations.
- Participants will be able to adhere to ethical standards.
- Participants will be able to improve case management and documentation skills.
- Participants will be able to investigate a wide variety of crimes.
|Course title||Mandatory||Year span|
|Case Management and Affidavit Preparation||Mandatory||0|
|Science Based Interviewing - Two Day Course||Mandatory||0|
|Trial Preparation, Testimony, and Prosecution Strategy||Mandatory||0|
|Basic Internet Investigations||Mandatory||0|
|Instructor Development School||Mandatory||0|