Course Detail: NC-SENFIT - Senior Fitness Specialist Certification
This certification class is for health and fitness professionals seeking to gain knowledge, training, and competency to assess fitness levels, design fitness programs, and provide motivating exercise instruction for older adults. This course is a great addition to your knowledge base and allows you the opportunity to learn the proper exercise techniques, stretching, programming, and safety needed for your older adult clients.
The population of individuals 65 and older is increasing rapidly. This course presents the personal trainer with multiple opportunities to work with clients as they age; however, it does require specialized knowledge and training, as chronic medical conditions will alter older adults' need for and response to exercise. This 20-hour course is online and self-paced. Students have 5 weeks to complete course modules.Exam for the certification credential is online and included in tuition.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key age-related changes in physiology and fitness levels.
- Demonstrate safe and effective exercises for older adults.
- Perform fitness assessments for older adults.
- Design exercise prescriptions for older adults.
- Assist older clients in developing short- and long-term goals.
- Incorporate behavioral change strategies into your programs for older adults
This program is offered in partnership with World Instructor Training Schools (WITS). The course is approved or accredited by the following groups:
- NCCA: National Commission for Certifying Agencies (written & practical skill competency exams)
- ACE: American Council on Education
- NIRSA: National Intramural Recreation & Sports Association