Course Detail: NC-GRPFIT - Group Fitness Gold Certification
This online self-paced mentored certification course will help you develop skills for leading any group in an exciting safe routine. Lectures will cover the essentials of group exercise history, music, choreography, and safety techniques, as well as basic applied science specifically relating to group strength, cardiovascular, muscular, and flexibility.
Practical labs will expand into skill development for functional training, sports conditioning, circuit, boot camp, dance, step, kickboxing and equipment-based class techniques. A mind body class overview in Yoga & Pilates will cap it off so you can incorporate this knowledge into sections of your classes.
This 32-hour course is online and self-paced. Students have 6 weeks to complete course modules. Exam for the certification credential is online and included in tuition.
- Level 1 Certification: Current CPR/AED certification and pass both written and practical certification exams.
- Level 2 Certification: Level 1 with completion of a 30-hour internship.
Course Overall Objectives
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to do the following:
Students should purchase the following textbook prior to beginning the course: Methods of Group Exercise Instruction, 3rd ed. by Carol Kennedy-Armbruster & Mary M. Yoke. Available in the WITS online store or through your preferred online bookseller.
This program is offered in partnership with World Instructor Training Schools (WITS). The course is approved or accredited by the following groups:
- NCCA: National Commission for Certifying Agencies (written & practical skill competency exams)
- ACE: American Council on Education
- NIRSA: National Intramural Recreation & Sports Association