Course Detail: NC-SATPRPONL1 - S.T.E.P.S. to Success SAT Prep
During these times well-prepared college applications continue to reflect a combination of students' high school academics, activities, volunteerism, and other attributes.
While many colleges and universities have shifted to a test-optional status in 2020, favorable test scores may contribute to the overall strength of one's application.
Our S.T.E.P.S. (Strategies & Techniques for Enhancing Performance & Skills) to Success program introduces important skills, techniques and strategies to maximize success on test day. Our uniquely designed SAT Prep workshops focus on the three major testing areas of the SAT: Mathematics, Critical Reading and Writing, with an introduction to the Essay. Students will be mailed Princeton Review test prep book the week prior to the first session. (Online live sessions will be presented via Zoom platform.)
- Specific skills and tips for process of elimination and time management
- Practice with actual SAT questions and drills in each category
- Detailed analysis of answer explanations and test-maker strategies
- Suggested study plan for at-home practice after conclusion of our session
- Opportunity to draft a sample exam essay for review by UR instructor
- Saturday and Sunday lessons, with follow-up Wednesday evening review