Course Detail: NC-PERFIT - Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
Whether for a career move or for personal knowledge, this course program you all the information you need to become a personal fitness trainer. Our personal trainer course is a great way to prepare to be a successful nationally Certified Personal Trainer.
The course consists of 15 hours of lecture with key topics that include biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage and health assessment. The classroom experience is followed by 15 hours of hands-on practical training labs with role-playing drills on exercises, presentation skills, and other activities to help you master the position.
Two certification options are available.
- Level 1 Nationally Certified Personal Trainer: Successfully complete the written and practical exams. CPR/AED certification is required.
- Level 2 Nationally Certified Personal Trainer: Successfully complete your Level 1 exams followed by a 30-hour internship that will help connect with local employers.
Students are responsible for purchasing the following textbook in advance: Fitness Professional Handbook 7th edition, available at Amazon or witseducation.com. An e-book version is also available from some vendors for rental/purchase.
Please bring gym appropriate clothing for the practical lab classes. Internships will be set up for you after completing the 30 hours of lecture/practical training on campus.
This program is offered in partnership with World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.). The course is approved or accredited by the following groups:
- NCCA: National Commission for Certifying Agencies (written & practical skill competency exams)
- ACE: American Council on Education (3 college credits)
- NIRSA: National Intramural Recreation & Sports Association
- IACET: International Association of Continuing Education & Training