Do you have a knack for putting together great parties and events? Are you someone with great attention to detail? If so, a career as a Corporate Event Planner could be perfect for you.
Gain the skills needed to plan and design successful corporate events. Learn how to execute a successful corporate event and how to set budgets and charge for event planning services. This program will teach you critical planning methodologies, timelines, and project management best practices. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certified Corporate Event Planner certification from the Wedding Planning Institute.
What you will learn:
- Interview new clients and event stakeholders to create a scope of work, including venue selection, floor plans, seating accommodations, timelines, and checklist required to insure a successful event outcome
- Create backup plans and apply security measures
- Apply event planning formulas to the rollout, setup and execution of any corporate event by implementing critical path methodologies, timelines, and project management best practices
- Set budgets and service charges
- Research the market to present a proposal of options to meet the event budget restrictions set by a client/event
- Price services and incorporate additional fees for sourcing rentals
- Document events and perform a "postmortem" process to encourage "lessons learned" in every event at every location
How you will benefit:
- Become a Certified Corporate Event Planner
- Gain the skills to plan and design successful corporate events
- Learn to execute any corporate event by implementing critical path methodologies, timelines, and project management best practices
- Learn how to set budgets and charge for services to more effectively run your own business
About the Instructor:
Cho Phillips is the founder of Lovegevity, Inc. and author of the "Professional Wedding and Event Planning: How to Start a Wedding Planning Business" textbook and resource manual. As founder of The Wedding Planning Institute, Phillips provides an opportunity for subject matter experts to contribute to the standardization and education for wedding professionals. She has been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Las Vegas Sun, and has been a guest on NBC, UPN, WB and other nationally-broadcast television and radio stations.