Course Detail: PER432 - Culinaria with Ilaria: Italian Cooking and Culture
Explore and Savor Authentic Italian Cuisine!
This is not your average cooking class! Join Instructor and native Italian, Ilaria Piccinini, for a unique introduction to delicious Italian cuisine. In this course, students will be guided through the preparation of various traditional Italian dishes.
Recipes made will be typical of the Mediterranean diet and will incorporate the use of its many healthful ingredients - extra virgin olive oil, tomatoes, herbs and spices, artisanal cheeses and more. The hands-on approach students will experience in this class will help them to fully appreciate true Italian cooking methodologies.
Additionally, students will learn about Italian culture and traditions as well as cooking-related vocabulary by exploring and savoring selected regional dishes.
This class is open to anyone, at any level, that would like to learn more about Italian cooking and culture. Join us for a fun and social time!
- Students will prepare dishes during the first half of class and will have time at the end to dine on their culinary creations.
- During registration, students may provide the name of a partner or friend if they would like to be paired together.
- All participants should be willing to work individually, in pairs, or in groups while cooking.
- All food and cooking materials are included in the price of the course and will be provided in class.
- BYOB: Students are permitted to bring a wine or a beer of their choosing along to enjoy during instruction or while dining*.
* Must be 21+ years of age and bring a valid photo ID.
Instructor Ilaria Piccinini is a native Italian speaker and has taught Italian language courses for several years. She has served as Assistant Professor in Finance at the University of Brescia, Italy and has a degree in Finance and Economics. She also has many years of experience in managing projects related to European program development and in the organization of international events for the Italian regional government.
Ilaria is also truly passionate about cooking. In her spare time, Ilaria loves to prepare large, family-style meals for her family and friends. Delicious home-cooked Italian meals are her specialty, of course!
Available Sessions - Click on date(s) below.
June 1-15, 2023, Wholesome Roots Cooking (4 seats (33%) remaining)