Course Detail: MFG215 - ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor Training
Purdue University Fort Wayne leverages the resources of Purdue University by teaming up with their MEP program to offer this training.
To advance economic prosperity, health, and quality of life in Indiana and beyond. Purdue Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) provides high value, affordable solutions to help businesses increase profitability. As advocates for Indiana's thousands of manufacturers, our staff leverages resources in both the public and private sectors to help identify areas of improvement, streamline processes, and ultimately increase competitiveness.
ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor Training
In this two-day workshop, you will gain the knowledge and skills you need to audit your quality system to the ISO 9001:2015 standard. Course topics include updates the ISO 9001 standard, requirements, auditing principles, and conducting effective audits. You will also receive hands-on practice using auditing tools and techniques and have ample opportunities to get answers to questions you have about conducting ISO audits.
- Explain the purposes of the ISO 9001 standard.
- Describe the structure and elements of ISO 9001:2015.
- Describe the changes included in ISO 9001:2015.
- Explain what is meant by a "process approach" and what the strategy of a process approach means for organizations.
- Explain basic principles, techniques, and steps for auditing to ISO 9001.
- Describe techniques for effectively working with others when conducting audits.
About the Instructor: Scott McCormick is a Quality Improvement Specialist and is responsible for gap analysis, auditing and training for ISO 9001 and related international standards. Scott has a bachelor's degree from Purdue University and a Master of Business Administration degree from Indiana Wesleyan University. Scott has approximately 40 years of experience in manufacturing quality assurance with various roles such as Quality Supervisor, Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, and ISO Management Representative.