Course Detail: MFG342 - Problem Solving Using PDCA, A3, and Root Cause Analysis
Purdue University Fort Wayne leverages the resources of Purdue University by teaming up with their MEP program to offer this training.
To advance economic prosperity, health, and quality of life in Indiana and beyond. Purdue Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) provides high value, affordable solutions to help businesses increase profitability. As advocates for Indiana's thousands of manufacturers, our staff leverages resources in both the public and private sectors to help identify areas of improvement, streamline processes, and ultimately increase competitiveness.
Problem Solving Using PDCA, A3, and Root Cause Analysis
In this course, participants will learn about the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) problem solving method. In addition, participants will learn about problem solving tools and activities, including A3, root cause analysis, process mapping, cause and effect diagrams, and others.
This one-day class is ideal for manufacturing personnel at all levels who want to learn a methodical approach for problem solving or personnel who want to improve their existing problem-solving skills.
- Define "problem" and identify problem-solving skills.
- Identify barriers to problem solving.
- List the benefits of using a structured problem solving method.
- Explain the A3 problem solving form and how it is used.
- Describe the goals of each Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) step and activities that take place during each step.
- Define "root cause" and distinguish between root causes and symptoms.
Take all five classes to earn the certificate:
This course will be delivered online. Classes will be facilitated by a live instructor during the scheduled course times. Several days prior to the start of your course, you will receive an email with information on connecting to the sessions.