Course Detail: BUS311 - SHRM® Essentials of Human Resources
Are you prepared to handle your day-to-day HR challenges?
Attend PFW's SHRM® Essentials course that covers the topics you need to meet key HR challenges.
Developed by leading HR experts, HR practitioners, and legal counsel, the SHRM® Essentials of Human Resources course covers introductory HR topics in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. The straightforward format ensures that HR concepts can be mastered and applied to real-life situations.
This program will help you:
- Keep up with key federal laws in areas such as total rewards, equal employment opportunity and harassment
- Improve employee recruitment and selection
- Increase your knowledge of orientation, onboarding, development, and training
- Understand best practices for employee handbooks
- Download and use sample templates like employment applications, job descriptions,disciplinary policies and more
Benefits to You
Benefits to Your Employer
The program covers six key HR topics and provides tools you can immediately put to use in your organization:
- Human Resources - Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition - Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards - Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development - Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management - Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law - Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
This course will challenge you and provide the skills you need to confidently face today's complex HR situations and compliance issues within an organization.
Course work includes interactive case study activities designed for you to practice real-life HR situations in a non-threatening atmosphere. A short test at the end of the program will ensure mastery of key topics.
Who Should Attend?
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, this course provides a solid foundation in human resources concepts and is effective training across multiple job responsibilities and career paths.
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company and business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to enhance their resume with HR skills
After completion of the SHRM® Essentials training you will:
- Understand your organization's complex HR issues.
- Gain insight into responsibilities that are broader than the normal scope of your job.
- Stay up to date on the latest HR laws and regulations.
- Increase your on-the-job confidence.
This is an HR overview course and is best suited for those wishing to enter the field or are new to the field of Human Resources. This class does not result in a SHRM® Certification.
View our SHRM Exam Prep class here: SHRM-CP®/SHRM-SCP® Exam Prep
For information on the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®, visit: SHRM.org
Course fee includes all materials.
Instructor: Kimberly Nash