Course Detail: TRV270 - Song & Narrative of Ireland
MUSC 28211-Perspectives in Music
Dates: June 7-16, 2020
Travel to Ireland with Purdue Fort Wayne School of Music! This trip is open to all eligible Purdue Fort Wayne students and community members 18 years or older.
This course is focused on the broadening of world view and cultural competence through direct experience of differing cultural perspectives and how these differences are reflected in music and other arts. This is a short-term study abroad course focusing on music, song, dance and oral traditions of Ireland,including a 10-day tour around the southern coast of Ireland, visits to historical landmarks, instruction by renowned musicians, dancers, and poets,and extensive engagement with local communities. Includes the completion of a compositional project.
Click here to view trip details and itinerary.
Cost: $2450.00 + tuition for students taking the course for credit
$3450.00 for non-credit registrants
Not included in the cost of the tour:
- Items of a personal nature such as wines, drinks, phone calls etc.
- Meals not itemized in the itinerary
- Tips & gratuities
- Tuition for travelers taking the course for credit
- September 27, 2019 $500 deposit due (NON-REFUNDABLE)
- December 1, 2019 $1,500
- January 31, 2020 $450 Final payment
- Online via this payment portal. Select 'Add to Cart' below and create a user profile. Credit/Debit cards only.
- Over the phone - Call our office M-F, 8am-5pm at 260-481-6619. Credit/Debit cards only.
- In Person - Stop into our office M-F, 8am-5pm in Kettler Hall, Room 139. Credit/Debit cards, checks made out to PFW, or cash accepted.