Course Detail: NC-PERMA - Permaculture Design Certificate
The 72-hour Permaculture Design Certificate course will give you a strong understanding of the permaculture design process and how to apply it to real world projects. You will learn important techniques and strategies for permaculture implementation, including regenerative agriculture, forest gardening, soil building, earthworks, water management, urban permaculture, herbal medicine, and much more.
The Permaculture Design Certificate is offered through a special partnership with the Shenandoah Permaculture Institute. The certificate is designed for those interested in learning design techniques to build a more sustainable community in their backyard, their neighborhood or their city.
Whether you are working in your backyard, farm, community, or city, permaculture will help you design a system that is highly productive, ecologically responsible, and socially equitable for generations to come. Lunch will be provided.
- Team of experienced instructors with backgrounds in organic farming, green building, natural health, counseling and environmental management
- Field trips to local permaculture projects
- Collaborative hands-on design project on a site in the Richmond area - work with a client and develop a professional design
Who Should Attend
This program is open to all community members and will be of special interest to teachers, sustainability professionals, landscape designers, farmers and agritourism professionals.
- Permaculture Design Process
- Regenerative Agriculture
- Social Permaculture
- Water Conservation & Management
- Soil Management
- The Built Environment
- Applied Permaculture