Course detail: LETHAL - Kansas Lethal Weapon Course: Investigating and Prosecuting DUI Related Fatalities
It offers cross disciplinary training for prosecutors and officers dealing with fatal crash scenes to:
- Improve knowledge and skills
- Learn about the role and responsibilities of each other's profession
- Enhance their working relationship
The seminar will include training on crash reconstruction, technical investigation at the scene, toxicology, and trial advocacy skills.
Officers will have the opportunity to learn about prosecutorial involvement in fatal crashes.
Prosecutors will have the opportunity to gain a working knowledge of crash reconstruction and toxicology, as well as skills to work with expert witnesses.
- Physics Principles
- Pedestrian Collision
- Single Vehicle Collisions
- Occupant Kinematics
- Intersection Collision
- IN-Line Collisions
- Implied Consent
- Toxicology-medical records
- C.H.A.R.T. Team
- Prosecutor's Role at the Scene
- Commercial Vehicles
- Hit and Run Homicide
- Charging Considerations
- Preparing the Reconstructionist for Court
- Cross-Examination for the Defense Reconstructionist
FREE Lodging and Meals available on a first come first serve basis. All participants will be provided with lunch on each training day. To take advantage of free lodging, please check the "Add ons" box under KLETC Meals and Lodging, then add the course to your shopping cart and register!!