This course covers the software airworthiness requirements for unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). It addresses the development and airworthiness evaluation of complex integrated software intensive unmanned aircraft systems, as well as the relationship between the acquisition/development processes for these systems and the key software airworthiness assessment processes. The course also identifies the deliverables, artifact requirements and approaches for documenting the software airworthiness assurance case, which is required to ultimately provide the certification/qualification basis for approval of the airworthiness of the unmanned aircraft system. The course offers key lessons learned in the application of the airworthiness assessment processes in software intensive unmanned aircraft systems.
- Overview of UAS software requirements
- Software acquisition and development
- Software airworthiness products and assessment process during the system life cycle
- Assessments of: planning and requirements analysis; preliminary and architectural design; detailed design, coding and unit test; software integration and formal qualification test and system integration test; and aircraft integration, ground test and flight test
- Developing recommendations for formal flight and airworthiness releases to approval authority
- Documenting the UAS software airworthiness assurance case
- Keys to successful software airworthiness process implementation for UAS
- Problem areas, concerns and lessons learned
- Future trends
This course is intended for managers, systems engineers, software system safety engineers and software engineers who design, develop or integrate software in unmanned aircraft systems or evaluate these systems to provide the qualification/certification basis for their software airworthiness.
Early registration course fee: $1,895 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $1,995 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
Avionics and Avionic Components, Unmanned Aircraft
Classroom hours / CEUs
21 classroom hours
IMPORTANT - BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE
You will need a profile with a password to access to your course enrollment history and certificates.
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course and session of your choice. Course Resources
AERO0500 Course Information and Outline : Unmanned Aircraft System Software Airworthiness