This course is designed for the practicing engineer who has an interest in the various aspects of stress analysis in aerospace structural-mechanical design and would like to enhance his or her expertise in this important field. The approach taken in this course is to start with a strong theoretical foundation and then build upon that foundation with practical applications that can be immediately put into practice in the workplace. In this manner, both the theory and practice of classical "hand" analysis techniques are presented as well as the more modern (numerical/computational) methods used in the industry. The subject-matter difficulty level is intermediate.
- Introductory topics
- Engineering mechanics review
- Energy methods in mechanical analysis
- Failure prevention of engineering materials
- Fundamentals of deterministic stress analysis
- Analysis of bolted joints
- Fatigue analysis in mechanical design
- Numerical optimization
- Design engineers who would like to become more familiar with the techniques and modern practices of stress analysis to help them be more efficient and productive in their work.
- Mechanical engineers who have been out of college for a while and need to become more knowledgeable in the area of stress analysis due to a particular job assignment or new career opportunity that requires expertise in analyzing structures.
- Department managers whose staff are involved in stress analysis work.
Early registration course fee: $2,495 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $2,695 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
Canada Department of National Defence Discount
This course is available to Canada DND employees at 10% off the registration fee. Please contact the DND Procurement Authority (DAP 2-3) for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Netherlands Defence Academy Discount
This course is available to Netherlands Defence Academy employees at a discounted registration fee. Please contact the NDA Procurement and Contracting department for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount.
Aircraft Design, Aircraft Structures
Classroom hours / CEUs
31.5 classroom hours
IMPORTANT - BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE
You will need a profile with a password to access to your course enrollment history and certificates.
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course and session of your choice. Course Resources
AERO0480 Course Information and Outline : Stress Analysis for Aerospace Structures