This course provides an overview of airplane performance theory and prediction, certification standards and basic flight test practices. The course will focus on turbojet/turbofan powered aircraft certified under JAR/CAR/14 CFR Part 25. This standard will briefly be compared to military and Part 23 standards to show different approaches to safety, certification, operational and design differences.
- Basic airplane performance theory
- Determining what to test in order to build performance models
- Using required instrumentation to best measure airplane performance
- Minimizing scatter during flight testing
- Developing performance models to match flight test results
- Certification requirements
- How to demonstrate certification compliance
- Presentation of airplane performance information to the flight crew
- Setting operational limits to ensure continued operational safety
This course is designed for aeronautical engineers in the design or flight test departments, educators, aircrews with engineering background, and military personnel involved in managing fleets of 14 CFR Part 25 (FAR 25) certified aircraft.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount
This course is available to U.S. federal employees at 10% off the registration fee. To receive the federal employee discount, you must enter the code FGVT116 during the checkout process. Please note that you must validate your eligibility to receive this discount by entering your U.S. government email address (ending in .gov or .mil) when creating your online registration profile. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Flight Tests and Aircraft Performance
Classroom hours / CEUs
35 classroom hours
IMPORTANT - BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE
You will need a profile with a password to access to your course enrollment history and certificates.
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course and session of your choice. Course Resources
AERO0400 Course Information and Outline : Operational Aircraft Performance and Flight Test Practices