- Flight test introduction/overview and brief history
- The atmosphere
- Mass, center of gravity and moment of inertia determination
- Time/space position measurements
- Air data calibration methods
- Instrumentation system principles
- Data recording and processing methods
- Proper use of digital bus data
- In-flight measurement of thrust and power
- Stall tests
- Flight test planning and interaction with program planning
- Preliminary preparation: modeling and simulation preparation, and value of ground testing
- Takeoff and landing and cruise performance
- Climb performance
- Advanced performance methods
- Static stability and control
- Structural flight tests
- Spin testing
- Systems testing and evaluation
The course is designed for all levels of engineers and managers in industry working on flight test projects, military and civil project engineers, test pilots and flight test engineers, government research laboratory personnel and FAA and other regulatory agency engineers. It is ideally suited for engineers and managers from other disciplines who are moving into the flight test discipline for the first time or who must interact with flight test engineers regularly on a given project.
Early registration course fee: $2,495 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $2,695 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount
This course is available to U.S. federal employees at 10% off the registration fee. To receive the federal employee discount, you must enter the code FGVT116 during the checkout process. Please note that you must validate your eligibility to receive this discount by entering your U.S. government email address (ending in .gov or .mil) when creating your online registration profile. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Canada Department of National Defence Discount
This course is available to Canada DND employees at 10% off the registration fee. Please contact the DND Procurement Authority (DAP 2-3) for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Flight Tests and Aircraft Performance
Classroom hours / CEUs
35 classroom hours
IMPORTANT - BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE
You will need a profile with a password to access to your course enrollment history and certificates.
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course and session of your choice. Course Resources
AERO0290 Course Information and Outline : Flight Test Principles and Practices
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.