This introductory course will provide attendees with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills necessary to successfully apply Human Factors Engineering (HFE) and Human System Integration (HSI) to their daily work. Attendees will attain familiarity with and trust in HFE/HSI principles and practices to consider and implement at their workplace. This understanding will provide attendees with the knowledge and skills to inject HFE/HSI at an early stage in the life cycle of their aeronautical products and systems. Doing so will produce a safer, user-centered product that can lower the cost of the product over the entire course of its life cycle.
- Characteristics and capabilities of aircrew and how they are affected by the technical aircraft systems with which they work
- How the application of HFE and HSI considerations to aeronautical product and system design and modification contributes to safe operation
- How to consider and apply HFE and HSI principles and practices in aviation design, modification or maintenance duties
- How to consider and apply HFE in a systems integration approach to aeronautical product and system design and modification
- How to apply Human Factors requirements traceability to aeronautical product and system design and modifications
- The cost savings to aeronautical product and system or airworthiness projects through the early injection of HFE and HSI
Aeronautical product designers, aeronautical system specialist engineers, aviation system safety specialists, aircraft occupant safety specialists and airworthiness program managers.
Early registration course fee: $2,195 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $2,395 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount
This course is available to U.S. federal employees at 10% off the registration fee. To receive the federal employee discount, you must enter the code FGVT116 during the checkout process. Please note that you must validate your eligibility to receive this discount by entering your U.S. government email address (ending in .gov or .mil) when creating your online registration profile. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Canada Department of National Defence Discount
This course is available to Canada DND employees at 10% off the registration fee. Please contact the DND Procurement Authority (DAP 2-3) for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Aircraft Maintenance and Safety
Classroom hours / CEUs
28 classroom hours
IMPORTANT - BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE
You will need a profile with a password to access to your course enrollment history and certificates.
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course and session of your choice.
AERO0150 Course Information and Outline