Course detail: Field Training Officer Program
- Officers newly assigned as FTO or in the process to be assigned as a new FTO.
- Participants will be able to provide the technical and personal skills to individuals in order for them to function as evaluators and trainers or recruits who have completed Basic Law Enforcement Training.
- Identify the significant components of the San Jose FTO model program.
- Evaluate and document a trainee's field performance.
- Provide constructive feedback to assist a trainee with improving performance.
- Identify liability issues.
- Identify and apply remedial training strategies to improve trainee performance.
- Identify techniques to improve FTO interpersonal communication skills, maintain ethical standards and avoid civil liability while training.
- Complete the Daily Observation Report.
- Develop a scenario and additional training plans.
- Group discussion
- Group participation in exercises
- Develop and participate in a scenario (peer evaluation)
- 100% attendance and participation
Notice of Availability of the KLETC Annual Security and Fire Safety Report:
The University of Kansas has determined that the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC) main campus in Hutchinson and its regional sites in Dodge City, Hays, and Parsons are separate campuses. This determination was made in consultation with the Department of Education. The report is available online t: https://civilrights.ku.edu/clery.
The report contains information regarding campus safety and security including topics such as: campus law enforcement authority; crime reporting policies; campus alerts (Timely Warnings and Emergency Notifications); fire safety policies and procedures; programs to prevent sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking; the procedures the institution will follow when one of these crimes is reported; and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three most recent calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred On-Campus; in On-Campus Student Housing Facilities; in Non-Campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the institution or a recognized student organization; and on Public Property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also contains fire statistics for any fires occurring in an On-Campus Student Housing Facility during the three most recent calendar years.
A paper copy of the report will be provided upon request. If you would like to receive a paper copy, you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling 785-864-6414 or emailing email@example.com or arrange for pick-up at a KLETC location.