Course detail: AERO0550 - FAA Type Certification Process - NEW COURSE
This course will focus on how to successfully complete an FAA type certificate project based on the published process outlined by the FAA,including a review of of all required FAA forms, and when to use them. You'll take a deep dive into the type certification process outlined in FAA Order 8110.4, specifically focusing on chapters 1-5 (chapters 6 and 7 will also be discussed, but not in great detail.) The instructor will draw from hundreds of real world type certificate and supplemental type certificate projects - distilling years of information to provide insight into this lengthy and potentially complex process.
FAA SERIES: This is the second course in a series of three FAA-related courses. Before registering for this course, it is strongly recommended that you 1) complete the following prerequisite course and/or 2) have sufficient knowledge of the FAA, including direct involvement in the type certification process.
Prerequisite course: FAA Aircraft Certification and Airworthiness Approvals (Course 1)
Additional courses in this series include:
FAA Type Certification Plan Development (Course 3)
- The type certification process - from start to finish
- FAA orders, guidance and policies to properly support a successful type certification project
- How the certification process flows
- The change product rule
- The differences between minor change, major design change, major alteration and major repair
- Required forms and when to use them
- Real-world examples of completed type certification projects - including mistakes made/lessons learned
- Class interaction to further enhance your understanding
You will need a profile with a password to access your course enrollment history and certificate(s).
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account, Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course session of your choice.