Course detail: Materials Management
Managing a storeroom is a balancing act. Storeroom managers must have the materials available to keep production flowing while minimizing inventory investment.
In this three-day class, you will learn how to ensure the right parts are in the right place at the right time. When you apply the knowledge and skills learned in this class, quality will increase and costs will decrease. You will be able to manage your storeroom in a way that successfully balances the needs of operations and maintenance while optimizing your inventory and carrying costs.
- Discuss the materials management challenges that organizations are facing
- Identify the elements of materials management
- Discuss how Materials Management fits into the overall umbrella of Reliability Excellence
- Discover the characteristics and steps involved in effective materials management processes
- Discuss the basic steps involved in implementing effective Inventory Control best practices
- Summarize the basic steps involved in implementing effective Warehouse Management best practices
- Describe how a CMMS can support materials management processes and best practices
- Identify contributors to total cost of materials
- Practice techniques to manage inventory investment
- Define the standard set of basic materials management key performance indicators
- Develop an (inventory/investment management processes) Action Plan
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved in materials - directly or indirectly -- will find value in Materials Management, including:
- Materials Managers
- Maintenance Manager
- Storeroom Personnel
- Operations Managers
Part of the LCI Maintenance Management Certification Program.
KU Life Cycle Institute Catalog 2020-2021
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.