Course detail: Reliability Engineering Certification - Online Self-Paced Program
The Reliability Engineering Certification (REC) builds and certifies competency in reliability engineering and asset management. Successful candidates will be able to apply reliability engineering to build asset management programs that are consistent with ISO 55000 Asset Management standards. As a candidate in this program, you will learn practical skills that can be applied on the job right away, demonstrate your commitment to reliability and continuous improvement, and increase your value to your organization.
This is a complete online program, which consists of four courses and a capstone project. Most of your work will be self-paced, but there will be quarterly online group sessions and monthly online coaching sessions. The total program is a nine-month commitment; you are given two months to complete each course and a month to complete the capstone project.
Who Should Attend
The REC is for people who are responsible for improving asset and capacity reliability, decreasing repetitive failures, building sustainable predictive maintenance programs, and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Investigate the RCA methods
- Develop your RCA program
- Prepare to implement the RCA process
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages and know when to apply Predictive Maintenance technologies
- Manage and be able to effectively use eight RCA tools
- Reliability-Centered Maintenance
- Build a business case for an RCM program and explore different RCM implementation approaches
- Analyze an asset's failure risks in a failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Apply a proven framework to select and justify maintenance strategies
- Measure progress and create action plans for improvement
- Reliability Engineering Excellence
- Examine the Reliability Engineer role
- Define the essential components of a successful reliability program
- Investigate reliability tools and problem-solving methods
- Discuss ways to optimize your reliability program
- Predictive Maintenance
- Explain the role of a predictive maintenance (PdM) plan
- Describe PdM theory, application and safety factors
- Recognize visual inspection as a component of PdM
- Draft a predictive maintenance strategy
- Explain how Operating Dynamics Analysis? manages machinery/assets not monitored by traditional PdM
- Compare your current PdM program to best practices
Reliability Engineering Certification Brochure (PDF Document)
Reliability Engineering Certification Course Descriptions (PDF Document)
Reliability Engineering Certification 2021-2022 Program Schedule (PDF Document)
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.