Course detail: Root Cause Analysis
Successful managers, supervisors and technicians need to be excellent problem solvers. This course will prepare you with the tools you need to apply Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes that solve project and equipment issues. Learn how to use RCA to establish a culture of continuous improvement, and create a proactive environment. Discover methods that let you ask the right questions, establish triggers to drive your RCA process, and perform cost-benefit analysis.
- Investigate the RCA methods
- Discuss the various RCA philosophies and methodologies
- Discuss the importance of a true RCA process
- Discuss why multiple solutions are important
- Develop your RCA program
- Develop a systematic way to define and analyze a problem while determining and implementing solutions
- Outline triggers for the RCA effort based on business case thinking
- Identify roles, goals and responsibilities within your organization
- Create a "Straw Man Template" RCA process for your facility
- Prepare to implement the RCA process
- Recognize the importance of the change management component in your RCA implementation
- Use the Root Cause of Success (RCS) process to eliminate common implementation issues
- Choose proper corrective actions and follow-up processes for various situations
- Use proper documentation, including incident reporting and the A3 process
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages and know when to apply PdM technologies
- Manage and be able to effectively use 8 RCA tools
- Event and Causal Analysis
- Change Analysis
- Design/Application Review
- Cause and Effect
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone interested in acquiring or improving advanced problem-solving skills will benefit from this course. Individuals responsible for continuous improvement, solving maintenance and reliability problems and preventing future occurrences of equipment and system failures, including technicians, engineers, supervisors and managers.
Live Online Training
Virtual, Instructor-Led Training (VILT) combines the benefits of traditional classroom training and online learning. It allows participants to have the experience of live instructor-led training without having to go to a classroom or have the instructor present in person.
Using Zoom's technology, this video-based training allows learners to ask questions, participate in discussions, and get trained together irrespective of their location. Participants in the Institute's virtual classes will learn the same content from the Institute's in-person classes while participating in professionally facilitated sessions with activities that stimulate participation and learning:
- Online breakout sessions with facilitator support
- Individual and group assignments and discussions
- Polls, Q&A, and online whiteboard activities that keep learners engaged
Life Cycle Institute's virtual classes were developed by industry-leading subject matter experts and certified professional instructional designers with experience converting live, instructor-led classes into engaging and effective online learning experiences using learning best practices.
Root Cause Analysis Course Information (PDF Document)
Reliability Engineering Certification Information (PDF Document)
KU Life Cycle Institute Catalog 2020-2021
Lifecycle Institute Maintenance Management Certification (PDF Document)