Course detail: Reliability Engineering Excellence
Learn how a Reliability Engineer (RE) drives the value that assets can deliver by overseeing equipment life cycle performance from concept through disposal. In Reliability Engineering Excellence, REs learn to build a business case for reliability, design reliability into a system or process before it's built, identify operating risks, and solve problems in all areas of asset management. In this course, Life Cycle Institute reliability experts facilitate class activities around system reliability modeling and ISO 55000-based assessment and use leading and lagging indicators to manage a reliability program. Class participants examine the major components of an asset management plan, justify a capital project, and discuss asset data management concerns.
By the end of this course, you will be equipped to build and sustain a strategic Reliability Engineering program to achieve your organization's reliability goals. Special emphasis will be placed on designing for reliability, life cycle asset management, life cycle costing, reliability and statistical analysis, measuring reliability program improvements, and building organizational support for reliability.
- Define how reliability impacts business performance
- Describe the reliability engineer role and responsibilities
- Define the main components of an asset information system
- Use different reliability tools and models to examine reliability
- Explain the components of an asset management plan
- Describe how sustainability principles can be applied to asset management planning
- Assess the efficacy of your organizational support structure for asset management and build a plan to address gaps
- Assess internal asset management capabilities and develop a plan to address gaps
- Explain how to hold external suppliers accountable for asset management capabilities
- Create a business case to support reliability investment options
Who Should Attend?
Ideal for those involved in asset reliability, capacity, and predictive maintenance programs. This includes anyone responsible for decreasing repetitive failures and seeking investments to improve plant reliability, including reliability engineers, reliability technicians and reliability personnel.
Live Online Training
Virtual, Instructor-Led Training (VILT) combines the benefits of traditional classroom training and online learning. It allows participants to have the experience of live instructor-led training without having to go to a classroom or have the instructor present in person.
Using Zoom's technology, this video-based training allows learners to ask questions, participate in discussions, and get trained together irrespective of their location. Participants in the Institute's virtual classes will learn the same content from the Institute's in-person classes while participating in professionally facilitated sessions with activities that stimulate participation and learning:
- Online breakout sessions with facilitator support
- Individual and group assignments and discussions
- Polls, Q&A, and online whiteboard activities that keep learners engaged
Life Cycle Institute's virtual classes were developed by industry-leading subject matter experts and certified professional instructional designers with experience converting live, instructor-led classes into engaging and effective online learning experiences using learning best practices. For current available dates, please visit: https://lcemarketplace.com/product/reliability-engineering-excellence/
Part of the Life Cycle Institute Reliability Engineering Certification.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to participate in University of Kansas sponsored educational offerings. If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in one of our online courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-864-6779 at least four weeks prior to your anticipated start date.
Life Cycle Institute Course Schedule 2022-2023 (PDF Document)
Life Cycle Institute Reliability Engineering Certification (PDF Document)