Course detail: ICC - 2019 Indian Country Conference
FREE Conference Event! July 16-17, 2019 - Drury Plaza Hotel - Wichita
The 2019 Indian Country Conference is sponsored by the Office for Victims of Crime, the United States Attorney's Office, District of Kansas, the United States Attorney's Office, Northern District of Iowa and the United States Attorney's Office, District of Nebraska. Other sponsors include, The Bureau of Indian Affairs, Prairie Band Potawatomi Victim Services, Iowa Tribe of Kansas and Nebraska, Sac & Fox of Missouri in Kansas and Nebraska and the Kickapoo Tribe of Indians in Kansas. Additional in-kind support provided by the Kansas Law Enforcement Training and the Midwest Criminal Justice Institute at Wichita State University.
The purpose of this year's conference is to bring together victim advocates, tribal leaders, victim service providers, community volunteers, prosecutors, judicial and law enforcement personnel as well as federal and state agency representatives to share their knowledge, experiences and ideas for developing programs that serve the unique needs of crime victims in Indian Country. This year's conference goals are:
- Building a Sustainable Response for Drug Endangered Children in Indian Country
- SAFESTAR: Sexual Assault Forensic Support Training Access and Resource
- Teen Dating Violence
- Victim Advocacy - Best Practices in Indian County
- Online Predator Safety Program
- OVW Grants and Set Aside Funding for Tribal Communities
- Case Study: United States v. Christian LaPointe
- When Investigators Respond: Creating an Environment of Safety and Trust for the Victim
- Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women
- Tribal Council Members
- Tribal Law Enforcement
- Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement
- Victim Service Providers
- Corrections Personnel
- CAC Advocates
- Other Allied Professionals
- Free Hot Breakfast - Start every day with make-your-own Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, coffee and more. Free hot breakfast is served daily from 6-9:30 a.m. on weekdays.
- Free 5:30 Kickback - Join us from 5:30-7 p.m. every evening to enjoy free hot food and cold beverages at our 5:30 Kickback. We feature a rotating menu of hot food, beer, wine, mixed drinks and soft drinks.
- Free Wi-Fi Throughout Hotel - Get the score, check your social networks or email family members from anywhere in the hotel for FREE!
- Free Soft Drinks and Popcorn - Freshly popped popcorn and refreshing beverage make a great snack! Stop by the lobby for free soft drinks and popcorn every evening.
- On-Site Facilities - Take advantage of the business center, fitness center or pool while you're away from home.
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.