Course detail: DVPORL - Domestic Violence, Protection Orders and Risk of Lethality
- Participants will recognize domestic violence, protection order violations, tools and strategies for assessing danger or risk of lethality after engaging in discussions and critiquing scenarios based on these crimes.
- Participants will construct plans created to safely respond to scenarios in which a protection order is in place.
- Participants define domestic violence and determine ways in which to maintain officer/victim safety during domestic violence calls.
- Participants define probable cause and mandatory arrest for domestic violence calls.
- Participants define stalking and determine ways in which to maintain officer/victim safety during encounters with stalking.
- Participants gain tools and strategies for assessing danger or risk of lethality.
- Participants interpret protection orders and discuss how to utilize them in cases of domestic violence and stalking.
- Small group discussion
- Law Enforcement
- Social Service Providers
- EMS Personnel
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.