Course detail: TECH2080 - Predictive Maintenance Strategy
Condition-based maintenance uses equipment operating condition to make data-driven decisions. In practice, this philosophy can improve your facility and equipment's quality, productivity, and profitability. Unlike industry courses that focus on applying specific predictive technologies, like vibration monitoring or oil analysis, this course focuses on establishing, managing, and sustaining results from a comprehensive condition-based program.
This course considers predictive maintenance as a component of a larger asset maintenance strategy to diagnose, prevent, and postpone failures. You will learn the theory and application of multiple PdM technologies and review critical success factors of results-producing programs. Through group activities and case studies, you will determine which technologies to use and how to set goals and track progress for your program. Then, you will practice how to communicate results to different stakeholders. By the end of the session, you will have outlined what a successful condition-based program can look like at your organization.
- Define the purpose and benefits of condition-based maintenance.
- Describe how predictive maintenance enables proactive maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Explain how to use risk mitigation to establish a condition-based maintenance program: Criticality, FMEA, and Failure Modes
- Make a business case to justify CbM program investment.
- Summarize benchmarks and trends in the predictive and condition-based maintenance disciplines.
- Summarize prevalent condition-based technologies in use today
- Describe the role of Precision Maintenance in a Condition-based Maintenance program
- Report program results: reliability improvements and financial value.
- Draft program action plan that incorporates critical success factors in the following areas:
- Program objectives
- Application: technology, techniques and equipment
- Infrastructure and resources
- Organizational support
- Explain how applying a combination of maintenance strategies mitigates risk and optimizes your asset maintenance plan
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for maintenance managers, PdM managers, maintenance professionals, continuing education students, and any person responsible for justifying or managing duties related to a condition-based monitoring program.
Reliability Engineering Certification Information (PDF Document)
Predictive Maintenance Strategy Course Description (PDF Document)
Maintenance Management Certification Information (PDF Document)
Course Catalog 2019-2020 (PDF Document)