Course detail: TECH3090 - Planning Lean Plant Layouts with SLP
Systematic Layout Planning (SLP) is recognized throughout the world as the most organized way to lay out a facility for efficient operation. Leading companies have made it a standard practice in their Lean and Six Sigma programs. This Course will prepare you to lead layout projects using SLP and to achieve remarkable results in record time.
On day one you will learn SLP, a powerful and universal method. On day two, you will use SLP to prepare and present a manufacturing plant layout. On day three, teams use SLP to prepare a detailed equipment layout for one department in the previous day's plan. In the closing session, you will learn to organize and lead your next layout project using SLP.
See complete course information by downloading the Planning Lean Plant Layouts with SLP Information & Outline.
· Employ SLP to eliminate waste resulting from a poor layout
· Prepare a plan to improve material flow and reduce the cost of material handling
· Develop a more productive facility
· Organize layout projects and teams
Who Should Attend?
· Plant and manufacturing managers
· Manufacturing and industrial engineers
· Lean and Six Sigma program offices
· Black Belts and Master Black Belts leading process improvement projects
Choose Your Way to Learn
- Face-to-Face on the KU Edwards Campus: Join us in the Kansas City area for three days of dedicated training time.
- Live-Online Participation: You will be given a login so that you can join the training live from anywhere in the world. Our classroom is equipped with cameras, microphones, and speakers so that you will be able to see and hear the instructor and participate.
- Recorded Online Participation: Recordings of the sessions will be posted at the end of each day. You can watch them in your free time and email the instructor with any questions that you may have.
Planning Lean Plant Layouts with SLP Information & Outline (PDF Document)
Planning Lean Plant Layouts with SLP Brochure (PDF Document)