Course detail: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
You can enroll and start at any time. You can take up to two months to complete the course at your own pace.
Organizations, both public and private, need to work faster, reduce costs, and maintain high standards of consistency and quality. They can achieve these goals through improvement programs such as Lean and Six Sigma. The Lean process emphasizes waste reduction and improved processing speed, and Six Sigma stresses an analytical approach to the elimination of defects and the reduction of variation. When combined, they can solve organizational problems and improve performance, leading to a competitive edge. This on-demand, online program prepares new Green Belts to lead projects and contribute to improving services and manufacturing. Those who pass the exam will receive Green Belt certification from the University of Kansas.
NOTE: You will need a Windows or Mac computer to complete this course. You will need the ability to install a trial version of Minitab, a statistical software.
- Earn a Six Sigma Green Belt certification from KU upon successful completion.
- Understand and apply the Six Sigma DMAIC model (define, measure, analyze, improve and control) for improvement activities.
- Utilize Six Sigma knowledge and skills to lead successful improvement projects that deliver meaningful results.
- Use proven tools and techniques in improvement projects.
- Earn 3.5 CEUs (35 Professional Development Hours/Units) that can be used to fulfill requirements for other professional certifications or licenses.
Who should attend?
- Employees of any organization (including manufacturing, healthcare, finance, engineering, customer service, and sales) where Lean and Six Sigma methodologies are being used or considered
- Lean and Six Sigma practitioners interested in learning about new concepts and tools for making their improvement projects more successful
- Those interested in taking the first step toward a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Info Sheet (PDF Document)