Course detail: TECH2090 - Root Cause Analysis
Successful managers, supervisors and technicians need to be excellent problem solvers. This course will prepare you with the tools you need to apply Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes that solve project and equipment issues. Learn how to use RCA to establish a culture of continuous improvement, and create a proactive environment. Discover methods that let you ask the right questions, establish triggers to drive your RCA process, and perform cost-benefit analysis.
- Investigate the RCA methods
- Discuss the various RCA philosophies and methodologies
- Discuss the importance of a true RCA process
- Discuss why multiple solutions are important
- Develop your RCA program
- Develop a systematic way to define and analyze a problem while determining and implementing solutions
- Outline triggers for the RCA effort based on business case thinking
- Identify roles, goals and responsibilities within your organization
- Create a "Straw Man Template" RCA process for your facility
- Prepare to implement the RCA process
- Recognize the importance of the change management component in your RCA implementation
- Use the Root Cause of Success (RCS) process to eliminate common implementation issues
- Choose proper corrective actions and follow-up processes for various situations
- Use proper documentation, including incident reporting and the A3 process
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages and know when to apply PdM technologies
- Manage and be able to effectively use 8 RCA tools
- Event and Causal Analysis
- Change Analysis
- Design/Application Review
- Cause and Effect
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone interested in acquiring or improving advanced problem-solving skills will benefit from this course. Individuals responsible for continuous improvement, solving maintenance and reliability problems and preventing future occurrences of equipment and system failures, including technicians, engineers, supervisors and managers.
Root Cause Analysis Course Information (PDF Document)
Reliability Engineering Certification Information (PDF Document)
Maintenance Management Certification Information (PDF Document)
KU Life Cycle Institute Catalog 2020-2021 (PDF Document)
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.