Course detail: Process Instrumentation & Control Module 3 - Installation and Engineering Functions
You can enroll and start at any time. You can take up to four months to complete the module at your own pace.
Module 3 - Installation and Engineering Functions
This course focuses on the selection and implementation of measurement and control devices for process automation applications. You will gain a stronger understanding of how to assess, compare, and select the various methods of measurement and control.
- Summarize the requirements for control rooms and the design of control panels.
- Explain the documentation required for PIC for front-end engineering and detail design.
- Define the requirements for a successful installation, instrument checkout and controller tuning.
- Understand the basics of PIC project implementation and project management.
- Apply decision-making tools: auditing, evaluation of plant needs, justification, and control system evaluation.
Who Should Enroll?
This certificate program is for those who want to learn about the PIC field in a condensed time frame and from a practical point of view and/or for those who simply want to communicate technically with PIC personnel. The program provides attendees with sufficient knowledge to move into the field of PIC. It is applicable to both technical and supervisory personnel. It is presumed that participants come from a setting where they can apply the knowledge received.
Register for all three modules of the certificate at the same time and enter "PICCERT" in the Promo Code box at check out to receive a $200 discount.
Online Certificate in Process Instrumentation and Control Course Information (PDF Document)