Module 3 - Installation and Engineering FunctionsDescription
This course focuses on the selection and implementation of measurement and control devices for process automation applications. You will gain a stronger understanding of how to assess, compare, and select the various methods of measurement and control.
- Requirements for control rooms and the design of control panels.
- Documentation required for PIC for front-end engineering and detail design.
- Requirements for a successful installation, instrument checkout and controller tuning.
- Project implementation and project management.
- Decision-making tools: auditing, evaluation of plant needs, justification, and control system evaluation.
Who Should Enroll?
This certificate program is for those who want to learn about the PIC field in a condensed time frame and from a practical point of view and/or for those who simply want to communicate technically with PIC personnel. The program provides attendees with sufficient knowledge to move into the field of PIC. It is applicable to both technical and supervisory personnel. It is presumed that participants come from a setting where they can apply the knowledge received.Certificate
Part of the Online Certificate in Process Instrumentation & Control.
The fee for each module of the certificate is $995.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount
Online Certificate in Process Instrumentation and Control Course Information