This course provides the fundamentals for developing and integrating IMA systems, using TSO-C153 (Integrated Modular Avionics Hardware Elements), FAA Advisory Circular 20-170 (Integrated Modular Avionics Development, Verification, Integration and Approval Using RTCA/DO-297 and Technical Standard Order C153) and DO-297 (Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) Development Guidance and Certification Considerations). Discussions and in-class activities further enhance the learning process.
- What is IMA?
- What are the benefits of IMA?
- History of IMA
- Overview of IMA guidance material
- TSO-C153 (Integrated Modular Avionics Hardware Elements)
- FAA Advisory Circular 20-170 (Integrated Modular Avionics Development, Verification, Integration and Approval Using RTCA/DO-297 and Technical Standard Order C153)
- Purpose of the advisory circular (AC)
- Technical highlights from the AC
- Roles and responsibilities
- DO-297 (Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) Development Guidance and Certification Considerations)
- ARINC 653 Usage in IMA Systems
- SAE ARP 4754A aspects in IMA Systems
- Using TSO-C153, AC 20-170, DO-297 and ARINC 653 together
- Common challenges in IMA development and certification
- Practical tips for IMA development and certification
This course is designed for developers and integrators of integrated modular avionics systems. The focus will be on identifying challenges with IMA and satisfying the regulatory guidance.
Early registration course fee: $895 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $945 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
COMBINE COURSES AND SAVE: This course may be combined with Complex Electronic Hardware Development and DO-254 (3-day class), which is being offered in San Diego, California on September 18-20, 2018. If you would like to register for the combined course, please select AERO0500: Complex Electronic Hardware Development and DO-254 AND Integrated Modular Avionics and DO-297 (COMBINED COURSE).
Canada Department of National Defence Discount
This course is available to Canada DND employees at 10% off the registration fee. Please contact the DND Procurement Authority (DAP 2-3) for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount
This course is available to U.S. federal employees at 10% off the registration fee. To receive the federal employee discount, you must enter the code FGVT116 during the checkout process. Please note that you must validate your eligibility to receive this discount by entering your U.S. government email address (ending in .gov or .mil) when creating your online registration profile. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Aerospace Compliance, Avionics and Avionic Components
Classroom hours / CEUs
7 classroom hours
IMPORTANT - BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE
You will need a profile with a password to access to your course enrollment history and certificates.
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course and session of your choice.
AERO0350 Course Information and Outline