This course provides a conceptual approach to overall design of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) including concepts of operations, communications, payloads, control stations, air vehicles and support. It also covers requirements and architecture development, initial sizing and conceptual-level parametric and spreadsheet assessment of major system elements.
- Introduction to Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), including conceptual design issues and operating environments
- Control station, communication and payload considerations and sizing
- Life-cycle cost estimation
- Air vehicle parametric design and propulsion
- Conceptual-level aerodynamics
- Standard atmosphere models
- Conceptual-level mass estimation
- Parametric geometry
- Air vehicle performance
- Mission assessment
- Methodology and correlation
- Air vehicle optimization
- Overall system optimization
- Reliability, maintainability and support
This course is designed primarily for practicing conceptual-level design engineers, systems engineers, technologists, researchers, educators and engineering managers. For maximum course benefit, students should have some knowledge of basic aerodynamics and conceptual aircraft design, although it is not mandatory. A basic knowledge of spreadsheet analysis methods is assumed.
Early registration course fee: $2,495 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $2,695 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
Aircraft Design, Unmanned Aircraft
Classroom hours / CEUs
31.5 classroom hours
IMPORTANT - BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE
You will need a profile with a password to access to your course enrollment history and certificates.
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course and session of your choice. Course Resources
AERO0210 Course Information and Outline : Conceptual Design of Unmanned Aircraft Systems