Certificate detail: PICCERT - Certificate in Process Instrumentation & Control
Participants in this program will learn to:
- Understand the basics of process instrumentation and control (PIC), including different control functions, types of control loops, and continuous vs. discrete control.
- Recognize the identifications and symbols used in PIC.
- Identify the different types of field instrumentation, their principles of operation, their advantages and disadvantages, and the application of the different types of sensors for flow, level, pressure, and temperature measurements.
- Describe the different models and implementation of alarm and trip systems.
- Identify the different types of computer-based control systems, including PLCs and DCSs, as well as basic requirements for good operator interface.
- Understand control loop types and the basics of tuning.
- Summarize the requirements for control rooms and the design of control panels.
- Explain the documentation required for PIC for front-end engineering and detail design.
- Define the requirements for a successful installation, instrument checkout and controller tuning.
- Understand the basics of PIC project implementation and project management.
- Apply decision-making tools: auditing, evaluation of plant needs, justification, and control system evaluation.
Register for all three modules of the certificate at the same time and enter "PICCERT" in the Promo Code box at check out to receive a $200 discount.
|Course title||Mandatory||Year span|
|Process Instrumentation & Control Module 1 - Sensors and Symbology||Mandatory||2|
|Process Instrumentation & Control Module 2 - Control Functions||Mandatory||2|
|Process Instrumentation & Control Module 3 - Installation and Engineering Functions||Mandatory||2|