- Basics of process instrumentation and control (PIC), including different control functions, types of control loops, and continuous vs. discrete control.
- Identification and symbols used in PIC.
- Different types of field instrumentation, their principles of operation, their advantages and disadvantages, and the application of the different types of sensors for flow, level, pressure, and temperature measurements.
- Requirements for control rooms and the design of control panels.
- Concepts and implementation of alarm and trip systems.
- Different types of computer-based control systems, including PLCs and DCSs, as well as basic requirements for good operator interface.
- Documentation required for PIC for front-end engineering and detail design.
- Requirements for a successful installation, instrument checkout and controller tuning.
- Project implementation and project management.
- Decision-making tools: auditing, evaluation of plant needs, justification, and control system evaluation.
Register for all three parts of the certificate at the same time and enter "PICCERT" in the Promo Code box at check out to receive a $200 discount.
|Course title||Mandatory||Year span|
|Process Instrumentation & Control Module 1 - Sensors and Symbology||Mandatory||2|
|Process Instrumentation & Control Module 2 - Control Functions||Mandatory||2|
|Process Instrumentation & Control Module 3 - Installation and Engineering Functions||Mandatory||2|