Course detail: Managing Planning and Scheduling
In Managing Planning and Scheduling, participants build a work management program based on Reliability Excellence best practices. The course is designed for a Lead Planner or Department Manager to establish a proactive work management program or to transform an existing program into an effective, results-producing department that positively impacts maintenance costs, plant reliability measures and employee morale.
Managing Planning and Scheduling examines topics like designing a work management program strategy, developing standard processes and work, establishing program measures, managing staff development, and planning program improvement. Learners will walk away with a solid foundation for an effective maintenance work management program.
- Explain the business case for proactive work management
- Build a work management process flow chart and responsibility matrix
- Draft a work management program strategy: objectives, key performance measures, targets, reporting and monitoring methods
- Develop governing principles and standard procedures for CMMS data entry and use
- Outline a management of change process for job plans
- Describe a disciplined approach to managing work for a planned shutdown
- Scoping and validating work, project management, communication, reviews, lessons learned
- Develop an implementation plan to establish or transform a planning program, including:
- Establishing program standards and templates
- Incorporating visual management into your program
- Job performance feedback and continuous improvement
- Backlog management
- Managing the people side of change (change management)
- Develop an audit and continuous improvement strategy for the planning program
- How trends in manufacturing and technology impact planning/scheduling
- How the planner interacts with failure data and root cause analysis efforts
- How equipment criticality and risk management influence maintenance strategy
- Build performance management and development strategies for planning personnel
Who Should Attend?
- Lead and senior planners
- Planning Department Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Reliability Change Agents
- Reliability Managers
- Continuous Improvement Managers
Part of the LCI Maintenance Management Certification Program.
KU Life Cycle Institute Catalog 2020-2021
Lifecycle Institute Maintenance Management Certification (PDF Document)