Course detail: System Safety Assessment for Commercial Aircraft Certification
- Describe the history of system safety and its relationship with aerospace
- Discuss the system safety aspects of 14 CFR 2X.1309 and 23.2510
- Explain the relationship between SAE ARP4761 and SAE ARP4754A
- Apply regulatory and industry guidance to develop effective safety assessments
- Define and manage safety requirements to develop compliant system and architectures
- Evaluate Development Assurance Levels for compliance
- Manage the system safety aspects of compliance for new designs and modification
This course is intended for anyone involved in the regulatory compliance aspects of system safety. It is specifically designed for Parts 23, 25, 27 and 29 system certification engineers, system designers, FAA Designated Engineering Representatives (DERs), ODA Unit Members (UM), system safety engineers, engineering leadership, and military personnel procuring civil equipment.
Early registration course fee: $2,495 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $2,695 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount: This course is available to U.S. federal employees at 10% off the registration fee. To receive the federal employee discount, you must enter the code FGVT116 during the checkout process. Please note that you must validate your eligibility to receive this discount by entering your U.S. government email address (ending in .gov or .mil) when creating your online registration profile. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
This course is part of the Certificates of Specialization in Aerospace Compliance, Aircraft Maintenance and Safety, Avionics and Avionic Components and Electrical Wiring Interconnection System (EWIS).
Classroom hours / CEUs
31.5 classroom hours
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to participate in University of Kansas educational offerings. If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in our Aerospace Short Courses, please email email@example.com or call 913-897-8530 at least three weeks before the first day of the event.
Please note: If you are attending an Aerospace Short Course onsite at your place of employment, please contact your company's training coordinator for accommodation requests.