Course detail: Processing Latent Prints - Beyond the Basics
- Participants will employ best practices as they investigate any crime from its beginning to its eventual disposition; either as an individual or part of an investigatory team.
- Identify the conditions that affect the recovery of latent prints and how to maximize the preservation of latent prints.
- Learn to apply the proper development and collection techniques
- Understand the different collection methods
- Learn to properly package and the techniques for submission for latent print evidence
- Understand how to submit photographs of latent prints
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Detectives and Investigators
- Crime Scene Investigators
- Evidence Personnel
- Death Investigators
- Hands-on training
- 100% attendance and participation
Notice of Availability of the KLETC Annual Security and Fire Safety Report:
The University of Kansas has determined that the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC) main campus in Hutchinson and its regional sites in Dodge City, Hays, and Parsons are separate campuses. This determination was made in consultation with the Department of Education. The report is available online at: https://civilrights.ku.edu/clery.
The report contains information regarding campus safety and security including topics such as: campus law enforcement authority; crime reporting policies; campus alerts (Timely Warnings and Emergency Notifications); fire safety policies and procedures; programs to prevent sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking; the procedures the institution will follow when one of these crimes is reported; and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three most recent calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred On-Campus; in On-Campus Student Housing Facilities; in Non-Campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the institution or a recognized student organization; and on Public Property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also contains fire statistics for any fires occurring in an On-Campus Student Housing Facility during the three most recent calendar years.
A paper copy of the report will be provided upon request. If you would like to receive a paper copy, you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling 785-864-6414 or emailing email@example.com or arrange for pick-up at a KLETC location.