Course detail: Tactical Medical for First Responders
- Participants will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to decrease preventable loss of one's own life (self-aid) or the life of another (buddy-aid) while in an active threat environment.
- Participants will demonstrate lifting, moving and extricating victims during scenario based exercises.
- Identify, prioritize and treat life threatening injuries
- Identify necessary items to include in first aid kits
- Perform proper hemorrhage control
- Demonstrate how to open an airway
- Demonstrate how to treat chest wounds
- Group Discussion
- Practical Exercises and Scenarios
- All Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Management Services Personnel
- Fire Services Personnel
- 100% Attendance
- Participate in all exercises and scenarios
- Tactical Medical Kit -this canvas kit includes - bag, gloves, hemostatic bandage, emergency trauma dressing, nasopharyngeal airway with lube, tourniquet, large trauma shears, chest seal dressing - twin pack, and emergency survival blanket.
Notice of Availability of the KLETC Annual Security and Fire Safety Report:
The University of Kansas has determined that the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC) main campus in Hutchinson and its regional sites in Dodge City, Hays, and Parsons are separate campuses. This determination was made in consultation with the Department of Education. The report is available online t: https://civilrights.ku.edu/clery.
The report contains information regarding campus safety and security including topics such as: campus law enforcement authority; crime reporting policies; campus alerts (Timely Warnings and Emergency Notifications); fire safety policies and procedures; programs to prevent sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking; the procedures the institution will follow when one of these crimes is reported; and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three most recent calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred On-Campus; in On-Campus Student Housing Facilities; in Non-Campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the institution or a recognized student organization; and on Public Property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also contains fire statistics for any fires occurring in an On-Campus Student Housing Facility during the three most recent calendar years.
A paper copy of the report will be provided upon request. If you would like to receive a paper copy, you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling 785-864-6414 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or arrange for pick-up at a KLETC location.