This course is designed to educate individuals who wish to become child passenger safety technicians. Teaching strategies include lecture, hands-on practice and group discussion. Participation in all course activities and successful performance on both examinations and skills evaluations leads to national certification as a Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST).
- Select appropriate child restraints and secure children in vehicle restraint systems.
- Install child restraint systems in multiple types of vehicles.
- Teach others how to install restraint systems in vehicles according to CPS best practice guidelines.
- Organize and coordinate a child restraint system check up event.
- Respond appropriately to issues related to the role of child passenger safety technician.
- Serve as a resource to the community/state/organization relative to child passenger safety.
The National Child Passenger Safety Certification Training Program (NCPSCTP) will be used for the class, including all the practical and written testing procedures. There will be a public check up event at the end of the class. Check up event attendance is required for certification.
Registration Information: Course registration is conducted through SAFE KIDS.
Please register at: National Child Passenger Safety CertificationIt will be during the SAFE KIDS online registration process that the $85 fee will be collected. KLETC will NOT collect SAFE KIDS fees. This is a controlled course through SAFE KIDS. This fee covers all materials, certification costs, and certificates associated with the program.
For Meals and Lodging at KLETC, please contact Jenny Caywood at 620.694.1449 or firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.