Course detail: Online Certificate in Warehouse and Distribution Center Layout
You can enroll and start at any time. You can take up to four months to complete the online course at your own pace. Start date begins when the student accesses the course in Canvas.
A well-planned warehouse layout will help you reduce operating costs by improving warehouse processes and inventory control. In this course, you will receive hands-on training in Systematic Layout Planning (SLP) - the world's most structured approach to layout and facilities planning. In addition to lectures, you will learn by doing, with over 100 pages of worksheets and case exercises. Guided by a leading authority on warehouse/DC layout, you will practice diagramming and quantifying material flow. You will also learn how to chart and diagram all the relationships in your layouts.
See complete course information by downloading the Warehouse and Distribution Center Certificate Information & Outline (linked below).
- Improve the performance of warehouses and distribution facilities.
- Increase the productivity and effectiveness of those responsible for layout planning.
- Provide practical approaches to storage, order-picking, packing, material movement, and physical control.
- Streamline material flow in warehouses and distribution centers.
Who Should Attend?
- Industrial engineers and systems analysts
- Warehouse supervisors and team leaders
- Managers of warehouses and distribution centers
- Logistics and supply chain planners
- Planning teams for new or expanded facilities
- Leaders of supply chain and lean initiatives
U.S. Federal Employee Discount (PDF Document)
Certificate in Warehouse and Distribution Center Layout Course Information (PDF Document)