Course detail: Stress Analysis for Aerospace Structures
This course is designed for the practicing engineer who has an interest in the various aspects of stress analysis in aerospace structural-mechanical design and would like to enhance his or her expertise in this important field. The approach taken in this course is to start with a strong theoretical foundation and then build upon that foundation with practical applications that can be immediately put into practice in the workplace. In this manner, both the theory and practice of classical "hand" analysis techniques are presented as well as the more modern (numerical/computational) methods used in the industry. The subject-matter difficulty level is intermediate.
- Introductory topics
- Engineering mechanics review
- Energy methods in mechanical analysis
- Failure prevention of engineering materials
- Fundamentals of deterministic stress analysis
- Analysis of bolted joints
- Fatigue analysis in mechanical design
- Numerical optimization
Who Should Attend?
- Design engineers who would like to become more familiar with the techniques and modern practices of stress analysis to help them be more efficient and productive in their work.
- Mechanical engineers who have been out of college for a while and need to become more knowledgeable in the area of stress analysis due to a particular job assignment or new career opportunity that requires expertise in analyzing structures.
- Department managers whose staff are involved in stress analysis work.
Early registration course fee: $2,595 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $2,795 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount
This course is available to U.S. federal employees at 10% off the registration fee. To receive the federal employee discount, you must enter the code FGVT116 during the checkout process. Please note that you must validate your eligibility to receive this discount by entering your U.S. government email address (ending in .gov or .mil) when creating your online registration profile. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Canada Department of National Defence Discount
This course is available to Canada DND employees at 10% off the registration fee. Please contact the DND Procurement Authority (DAP 2-3) for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Netherlands Defence Academy Discount
This course is available to Netherlands Defence Academy employees at a discounted registration fee. Please contact the NDA Procurement and Contracting department for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount.
Aircraft Design, Aircraft Structures
Classroom hours / CEUs
31.5 classroom hours
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to participate in University of Kansas educational offerings. If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in our Aerospace Short Courses, please email email@example.com or call 785-864-6779 at least three weeks before the first day of the event.
Please note: If you are attending an Aerospace Short Course onsite at your place of employment, please contact your company's training coordinator for accommodation requests.
AERO0480 Course Information and Outline (PDF Document)